Friday, May 26, 2006
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Simon Iddol almost entered the G&D remix contest:)))
But the post will not make it with the CD till the deadline ...
... so we will have to find out something else
a bootleg remix? just for fun?
watch this space for the update!
untill then be informed www.gabrielanddresden.com
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Monday, May 08, 2006
Saturday, May 06, 2006
WHA!? bootleg series presents the Offical Soundtrack of the
Calais – Monaco Rally 2006
compiled by Simon Iddol
01 Jim Nous Portera // DJZebra
The Doors vs. Noir Desir
02 Close To Faith // DJ Tripp
George Michael vs The Cure
03 Beastie Bez // Cheekyboy
Beastie Boys vs Happy Mondays
04 Fixing Up for a Love Connection // DJ Earworm
Frou Frou vs. Stereo MC's vs. Madonna vs. Dizzee Rascal
05 She Wants To Twist // Team9
Team9 vs white stripes vs nerd
06 Hung Up on Soul // Party Ben
Death Cab for Cutie vs Madonna
07 Amadou and the boys // DJZebra
Amadou & Mariam feat. Manu Chao vs. Blur
08 Mala Vidiams // DJZebra
Diam's vs. Mano Negra
09 Dionysos in Babylon // DJZebra
Dionysos vs. The Melodians
10 J adore mon daddy // DJZebra
Katerine vs. Boney M
11 Around The World On New Years Day // Martinn
Daft Punk vs U2
12 Home And Marre // Huerzo
Alizee vs. Pet Shop Boys
13 These Are No Ordinary Times // DJ Earlybird
Sade vs Prince
13+1 28 C in the Shadow // Simon Iddol
Jean Francois Maurice vs Beastie Boys
15 What's My Name? // DJ Earworm
16 square 1 (team9s smalltown mix) // Team9
coldplay vs blonski beat vs Team9
17 Without Holiday // DJ_Electrosound
Eminem vs Madonna
18 ABC Breaker // Dj Moule
Jackson5 vs LedZeppelin figuring The Beatles
19 Killing Boombastic // DJZebra
Shaggy vs. Rage Against The Machine
20 Soul Desir // DJZebra
Aretha Franklin vs. Noir Desir
I collected my bravery after the WHA!? was made
and I started to work on my own mashes
but so many great tunes reached me
so I had to make another compilation
this time I did not dedicated it to a certain style
but it has a very special flowing and feeling
11 tracks from 20 has some french connection
so I decided to name it this way
but nothing was good enough
after days and days of thinking
I created the Calais Monaco Rally
and beleive me, this album is perfect for driving
I can't live without the #1 #6 #8 #12 tracks.
Always fasten your seatbelts when you listening
mash ups in your car!!!
am i a boy or a girl?
and somehow the air is so electric
based on electro / disco / house
1. Somebody Kill Me // Party Ben
Adamski vs. Killers vs Basement Jaxx
2. Lose My Toxygene // Go Home Productions
Destiny's Child vs The Orb
3. Blingblingbadabling // Dunproofin’
missy elliot vs laidback vs john aquaviva vs madox vs kriss kross
4. Strung Out King // Go Home Productions
Elvis Presley vs The Farm
5. Don't Cha (Wish Your Cyborg Could Dance Like Me) // DJ Earworm
Pussycat Dolls vs Newcleus vs Marvin Gaye
6. Hollaback Headhunter // A plus D
Gwen Stefani vs. Front 242
7. Since U Been Gone (Rexx the Dogg remix) // DJ Earworm
Kelly Clarkson vs Depeche Mode
8. If Your Girl Was Stoned // Go Home Productions
Aaliyah vs The Stone Roses
9. Killed in excess // Samourai DC
Kylie Minogue vs INXS vs U2
10. Tweak You Tonight // Lionel Vinyl
Myagi vs INXS
11. Daft attaque // DJ Zebra
Louise Attaque vs. Daft Punk
12. We Need a Filthy War // DJ Earworm
Fischerspooner vs Scissor Sisters vs Chemical Brothers vs Pet Shop Boys vs
Culture Club vs Edwin Starr
13. We Are All Made Of Dead Stars // tristan shout
Moby vs Covenant
14. white shadows (morgan page bootleg remix) // morgan page
coldplay vs morgan page
15. Somebodies Countdown // Lionel Vinyl
The Killers vs Europe
16. communication // The Ciccones
Madonna vs Michael Jackson vs ???
The am i ... is the one I listened most, the closest to my heart.
If I ever have to show an example for a mashup, I would play
the Somebody Kill Me, but the #5 #6 #9 #14 #16 tracks
are important to me as well.
Friday, May 05, 2006
have you seen my guitar?
and what happened with the band???
bootleg compilation based on rock / punk / new wave / indie / grunge
1. Sgt. Pepper's Paradise // Jimmi Jammes
beatles vs guns ‘n roses
2. Dr. Who on Holiday // Dean Gray
Timelords vs Green Day
3. Boulevard of Broken Songs // Party Ben
Green Day vs. Oasis vs Travis vs. Aerosmith vs. Eminem
4. Camille as you_are // DJZebra
Camille vs Nirvana
5. Morzepellin // Go Home Productions
Morcheeba vs Led Zeppelin
6. Love Will Freak Us // Dsico
Joy Division vs Missy Elliot
7. Higher State Of Timekeeping // DJ Lumpy
Josh Wink vs Coldplay
8. Computer Talk // Party Ben
Kraftwerk vs. Coldplay
9. Crazy Little Fool // Go Home Productions
Beatles vs Queen
10. No One Takes Your Freedom // DJ Earworm
Scissor Sisters vs Beatles vs George Michael vs Aretha Franklin
11. Call Me Hung Up // A plus D
Blondie vs Madonna
12. Abba And The Bunnymen // Go Home Productions
ABBA vs Echo and the Bunnymen
13. Papa Was A Rolling Stone Named Jack // Voicedude
Temptations Vs.Rolling Stones
14. Should I Stay or Should I Boogie // Loo & Placido
the Clash vs Michael Jackson
15. Jerk the casbah // DJZebra
Rachid Taha vs the Caesars
16. Radio Hollaback // Party Ben
The Clash vs. Gwen Stefani
17. uptight killer // Go Home Productions
Stevie Wonder vs The Killers vs the Rolling Stones vs David Bowie
18. part time lover told me // SEBWAX
Stevie Wonder vs The Killers
19. wrapped detective // Go Home Productions
Elvis Costello vs The Police vs Lionel Richie vs Peggy Lee vs Bob Marley vs
The Hollies vs Led Zeppelin
20. Spice Up My Fire // huerzo
Spice Girls vs. The Doors
The have... is the best album, according to
the feedback. Strong start, deep middle,
extatic third quater and silent finish with a twist.
I cant name any fave's, but the #2 #4 #7 #8 #12 #14
has changed my life.
who pushed the needle?
and why pushed it all night long???
bootleg compilation based on rap / hip hop / reggae
1. Beastie Ketchup // Go Home Productions
Las Kechup vs The Beastie Boys
2. Colderation // Coma-R
Roots Manuva vs Rubin Steiner
3. guns of foxies // Johhny Bootleg
lil'kim vs guns ‘n roses vs outkast vs foxy brown vs rod serling
4. Smells Like Compton //Cheekyboy
N.W.A. vs. Nirvana
5. Drop It Like It's A Whole Lott // Party Ben
Led Zeppelin vs Snoop Dogg
6. YouHumpedMeAllNightLong // DJ Mei Lwun
AC/DC vs Black Eyed Peas
7. Yoshimi Battles Snoop Dogg // DJ BC
Snoop Dogg vs. The Flaming Lips
8. Pass da dutch' n Relax // Samourai DC
MC 900 FT Jesus vs Franky Goes to Hollywood vs Missy Elliot
9. who's hating who? // locK3Down
Aretha Franklin vs The Game
10. Drop it like it's Hendrix // DJ Mei Lwun
Snoop Dogg vs. Hendrix
11. Dirt Off 110th S // DeeDub
Jay-Z vs Bobby Womack
12. Badd To Me // King of Pants
Ying Yang Twins vs. The Cure
13. I'm Really Hot Hot Hot!!! // A plus D
Missy Elliott vs. The Cure
14. la fleur caroline // jfo
mc solaar vs the cure vs M
15. Sean Paul la mouche // DJ Zebra
Sean Paul vs Les Negresses Vertes
16. Jamrock (Poj Masta's Jammy Dodger mix) // Poj Masta
Damian Marley vs Poj Masta
17. Fu-Gee-La Sound System // Loo & Placido
Butch Cassidy Sound System vs the Fugees
18. Kids Rock // Loo & Placido
Queen vs Althea & Donna vs Kids Will Rock You
19. Can I have it like a Backstreet Boy // Pheugoo
Pharrell and Gwen Stefani vs Backstreet Boys
20. You're The One I Want In The Next Episode // Disfunctional DJ
Grease Vs Dr Dre and Snoop Dog
The who... was the firts in the row.
When I was about to finish the selection, I realized
that one album is not enough, so I made the
WHA!? triple. 3 CD's in 3 styles.
I love each track, they are all brilliant, but
if I have to name my personal fave's,
I would vote for #2 #8 #14 #16
But we are not the same, aren't we.
How it started?
WHA!? triple bootleg compilation by Simon Iddol
Few months ago, I got addicted to the mashup/bootleg culture.
I'm involved with music for about 20 years (started as a kid,
DJing for the school radio), but it just shocked me how rich,
colourful and deep is this scene.
First of all I just collected and enjoyed the mashes,
but later I started to show them for friends. They loved those
tracks, so I wanted to make a compilation to make them happy.
When I finished, it was a triple bootleg compilation album,
3 CD's in three different styles.
My aim was to show the world of bootlegs/mash ups
for the outsiders, for the everyday openminded music fans.
The tunes are not the latests, but each of them is a masterpiece.
I have no tracks on this compilation, I did not mixed them,
I do not want to promote myself on it, it is NOT about me.
The WHA!? is about the art of mashing and the celebration of music.
The WHA!? is not available, not been released, I just made it to tribute
for the mash up / bootleg culture.
I will try to contact with each featured artist, and if they agreed and
like the idea, maybe it will be available for download, free without ad's
or other commercial shit.
If you are one of the featured artists, please contact me!!!
In the following posts, you will find more info about each album.
Each album is represented with a fake polaroid picture.
Here are the links where you can find the originals.
Visit them they are all nice sites to check out!
WHO PUSHED THE NEEDLE?
radio DJ with flying vinyls
HAVEYOU SEEN MY GUITAR?
Maike Abetz & Oliver Drescher >> Electric Ladyland
2000, private collection, Courtesy arsFutura Galerie, Zürich
AM I A BOY OR A GIRL?
street parade dancers
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Monday, May 01, 2006
Who is Simon Iddol?
In a previous life there was a guy
he was DJ, producer, remixer
he made TV and radio shows and videoclips
managed internationaly respected artists
and worked for major and and indie record companies
but he had enough about the shit and he died
not listened music at all anymore
few months ago some strange and wicked vibes
started something in the dead and empty body
during collecting of mash ups
the guy reborn, and he became Simon Iddol
Simon Iddol is about to make his own mash ups
and make compilations about the best pieces he founds
he is not publishing, releasing, selling or promoting anything
if you feel like contact him here
he is not eating humans